You are almost at the end of your pregnancy! You made it through the morning sickness in the first trimester, the tiredness of the second trimester, and now you may be nesting in your third trimester. It’s the perfect time to start thinking about what to pack in your hospital bag. Let’s get it ready to go!
The first rule of the hospital bag is that it is all about YOU!! It’s about Mom and her partner. Of course you need that ridiculously adorable outfit that you picked out months ago for your new baby to come home in, but other than that- your baby doesn’t need too much!
* Bring the things from home that will make you comfortable! This might be your own pillow, or even a favorite blanket. Your partner especially may want a comfy pillow or blanket, the chairs are not that comfortable!
* Pack some SUPER comfortable clothes. Think yoga pants and flowing shirts. We know you want to look cute in all of the photos, but you are going to be sore and tired and you will to be comfy!
* If you have one, pack a white noise machine. (Or use an app on your phone!) It is loud and crazy in the hospital, the white noise machine will help you get a little rest.
* Don’t forget all of your chargers! Phone chargers, camera chargers, etc. You will want to have those! (Maybe even buy a second one to leave in your hospital bag.)
* Slippers! Sometimes the hospitals can be cold. Especially those cold tile floors. And you may be shuffling back and forth between the bathroom and your bed.
* You will want your own toiletries, don’t forget your makeup (You may have a photographer come to your room!) and maybe even your own hair dryer. (You may desperately want a shower, OR you may not one at all! In that case, bring some dry shampoo too!) Don’t forget some chapstick and lotion, sometimes it’s dry in those rooms.
* You will have lots of visitors, and lots of visitors likely means lots of cards and gifts! Bring an extra bag or small suitcase to pack all of the extras. (You will have lots of stuff from the hospital too!)
* We said that you didn’t need to bring much for the baby, but throw one of our favorite “Swaddles for dummies” in your bag to make those nights in the hospital a little easier. We love Summer Infant’s Swaddle Me’s for those new babies.
* If this is your second baby, make sure to pack a special gift to the new big brother or big sister, from the baby!
*Lastly- don’t forget to have your carseat! And make sure you find a CPST in your area to show you how to properly install it in your car before the big day!
Remember, hopefully you will have a short and easy stay at the hospital! But you want to make it easy and an enjoyable experience for your, your partner, and your brand new baby!